Wednesday 15 July 2009


Today I found myself thinking about backing up my work. I am pretty careful about making backups - I have most of my poems on two computers and on a data stick. But it occurred to me this morning that maybe I should make a physical copy as well. What if computers suddenly became obsolete? Sure I have some physical copies of my poems dotted around in various folders and in various states of finishedness but maybe it's time to trawl through all my Internet folders and print the most finished version of each one and put them all together in a binder. It would make life a lot easier when it came to looking for poems for reading or competitions as well. What do other writers think? Do you keep a physical copy of your work as well as a digital one? Are we too reliant on computers so that I work only existed in the electronic world?

No comments: