Monday 20 February 2012

Poetic Inspiration Project

This week I have been putting together the contents for an envelope to send to another poet as part of a poetic inspiration project. The project was inspired by the idea of mail art. Basically you put together a bunch of pictures, found objects, words, postcards etc and mail it to someone, then you receive an envelope from someone else on the list. It's a circle of giving. As part of mine I decided to make a collage. Because I don't seem to have enough creative time at the moment I have been mostly focusing on writing and editing poetry and reviews and I had forgotten how much I love making collage. When I practised art more collage and photography were my forms of choice.  The picture above is a not very good photograph of the collage that I made for my envelope. I am looking forward to the day when I receive an envelope through the post - I am hoping that it will inspire some poems.

No comments: